Maslenitsa (Shrovetide) is the holiday full of Russian spirit. The tradition of Shrovetide's celebration with merry and crowdy festivals goes back to ancient Russia. Lighting installation "Shrovetide", arranged in 2018 at the Manege Square in Moscow, was performed in the best traditions of Russian folk festivals.
Pancake week is celebrated at the very end of winter, on the eve of spring. The time after grey and snowy winter people are eager to see something bright and colorful. That is why the "Shrovetide" installation was created in most juicy colours with a lot of spring attributes.
The exposition consisted of:
- 28 thousand toys (dolls, bows, suns);
- 15000 real bagels and 3000 artificial pretzels;
- 60 kilometers of color satin ribbon;
- 80 barrels with wheels and bells;
- 50 caramel cockerels;
- 50 toys with luminous crowns;
- 4200 felt overlays on the fence;
- more than 1200 lamps of different colours.